Friday, July 20, 2018

Que?

So WHAT IS Frostfire?

Well, it is a story Lauren and I have been working on since high school. For those of you unaware, that makes the original inception of this story over TEN YEARS AGO. It started as a roleplay literally around the idea of a mage and a demon hunter finding themselves working together. End scene. 

But as the roleplay got longer, and the characters more intriguing, I found myself madly in love with the story that was emerging. Unfortunately, the roleplay ended up getting shelved for a long time for many reasons, but I held onto it. We touched on the idea of rewriting it into a novel more than a few times, and even attempted to do so, but things always seemed to get in the way. That is until last November.

I had not let go of the idea of making Frostfire a full length novel. Underneath all the  rough edges and unfinished ideas, there was something I felt that was really good. My love affair with Kyran and Barrett had still not ended. So I pulled up the rough documents, and started working on them with the intent of finishing it myself. But as I worked, I realized that Lauren may be harboring the same want. I approached her, stating my intent to make a novel out of our characters, and offering to work on the project with her or take it solo while giving her artistic credit for character design. She all but JUMPED at the chance to finally see Frostfire as a finish novel, insisting she was as raring to go to get a novel on the table.

We worked tirelessly for almost a year, writing, editing, changing ideas, rewriting, and so on, until we FINALLY did it. We had a finished novel, and one we were immensely proud of. 

But just WHAT is the novel about? Well, you'll have to wait until next time to hear more.

Until then -- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment